Tuesday, February 19, 2013



Living with Tom, I hear a lot about personal development. His passion is to see people become all God created them to be. I've been reading a fascinating book, My Life with the World's Greatest Pianists by Franz Mohr with Edith Shaeffer.  Franz Mohr was the chief piano technician for Steinway and Sons for a quarter century.  He also is a follower of Christ.  He wrote that each Steinway (all are carefully hand made), has a different capacity and sound regardless of its size.

"For instance, I cannot make every instrument which comes under my hands, every Steinway piano, into a big orchestra piano. It is simply impossible. Some pianos are born with a smaller voice. They are lovely, beautiful instruments, but not big orchestra pianos on which you could play Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, or Liszt piano concertos." (page 26)

This made me think about people. We are all unique (so amazing how God created humans in His image).  We can only be what He created us to be. Some will be "Steinways" for the  "grand concert hall."  Others will be just as special and valuable, made for different purposes. We just have to be who we are.

Psalm 139:13, 14
"For You formed me my inwards parts; You wove me together in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, God, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works and my soul knows it very well."

This is my thought for Valentine's Day 2013 !

No comments:

Post a Comment